Karma Platform - Terms and Conditions
Availability and Change Control Policy
Issued by Legal – 12 August 2020
This policy relates to the availability of the Karma App Terms and Conditions to users of the platform and to changes Karma wishes to make to the terms and conditions.
The policy is in place to ensure:
- The terms and conditions are fair to consumers and not likely to be ruled unfair under the Consumer Rights Act;
- Karma is able to keep track of the versions of the terms and conditions that have been in place over time.
- The Karma User will click to accept the Platform Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) when signing up to use Karma.
- The User will be directed to the Terms on the Karma website so that they can view the terms before agreeing to them.
- A copy of the current Terms must always be on the Karma website. There will be a link in the App to the Terms to the location must not change.
- The user must be able to download a copy of the Terms from the website. Karma must make a pdf or downloadable copy of the Terms available on the website.
- The Terms must carry the current date and a version number at the top of them.
- Karma will try to keep updates to the Terms to a minimum. Ideally, changes should be held and made in a batch which might coincide with changes to the App or the Service so that an overall update can be issued.
- Updated Terms must show the then current date and updated version number.
- Updated Terms must replace the previous Terms on the website.
- Except where the change is minor (e.g. to correct a typo) and Legal confirms that the change is minor, the following process must be followed in respect of updated Terms:
- The user must be sent a notification through the App that the Terms are changing. The notification must include the following:
- Statement that the Terms have been updated and that in order to continue to use the Platform the user must agree to the new Terms;
- Statement the user is not required to agree to the new Terms but, if they don’t, they can no longer use the Platform;
- Directing the user to the location of the new Terms so they can read them prior to clicking to accept them.
- In the App, the user must click to confirm acceptance of the new Terms before being able to continue to use the Platform.
- Legal will maintain a repository of the Terms and versions.